Discover the wonderful intersection between art and technology! We provide the tools and resources you need to Make It @ the Library.
About the Maker Lab @Central Library
From 3D printing to textile crafting, the Maker Lab is a unique environment geared toward creativity and experimentation. This hands-ons makerspace provides the tools, training, support, and inspiration you need to turn your idea into reality. Educators, students, tinkerers, and inventors are invited to explore what’s possible in scheduled workshops and during available lab hours.
New open lab hours are:
Tuesday–Thursday, 12:00–7:00 PM
Friday & Saturday, 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
Available equipment includes:
- 3D Printer
- Heat Press (Mug Press)
- Heat Press (T-shirt Press)
- Sewing Machine
- Sublimation Printer
Patrons must complete the equipment-specific training before they are permitted to use or reserve a Maker Lab station outside of a library program. Training is available by appointment or on a first-come, first-served basis on open lab days.
- Reservations for each station are limited to a fixed number of hours per day; maximum times vary by equipment.
- Equipment is available for use by patrons ages 8 and up. As a safety measure, users 8–12 must be accompanied by an adult. Users 13–17 may use the equipment without special supervision provided an adult guardian signs a waiver in advance.
- A nominal fee is required for use of the 3D and sublimation printers to cover material costs. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own materials for all machines except for the 3D printer; materials must be approved by library staff to verify compatibility.
- Please see the full Maker Lab Policy
3D Printing at Branch Locations
3D printing services are now available at all BCPL locations! Scheduled public-use hours are Friday & Saturday, 10:00 AM–4:00 PM.
- Patrons must complete required 3D Printer training before they are permitted to use the printer independently. Training may be completed during the scheduled classes at Central Library or at your preferred branch location by appointment. Appointment times will be determined by student and trainer availability.
- After training is completed, patrons may schedule 3D printer time during public-use hours for a maximum of 4 hours per day,
- If you are unable to visit the library during set public-use hours, additional access may be scheduled in advance at the discretion of the branch management team.
- 3D printers will be available on a first-come, first-served basis when not in use during public-access hours.
Contact: Stephanie Lewis
|543-7675 ext. 2302
Contact: Sherri or Susan
|543-7675 ext. 2201
Contact: Circulation Desk
|543-7675 ext. 2401