Pick up anything you can check out—and more!
Our no-contact Curbside Pickup service can help you gain access to physical materials like books, audiobooks, Blu-rays, and DVDs.
Same-day pickup requests must be phoned in a minimum of three hours before closing time. Any requests made after that time cannot be filled until the next available date.
How It Works
- Call your preferred branch to place a request and arrange your pickup. Please have your account info ready.
- Central | 502-543-7675 ext. 3
- Hillview | 502-957-5759
- Lebanon Junction | 502-833-4648
- Mt. Washington | 502-538-7560
- Nichols | 502-324-7699
- Requests are limited to a total of 25 items per account. We are always happy to recommend materials based on your preferences if you don’t already have specific titles in mind or if your desired items are not currently available.
- Unless you’ve just arranged for an immediate pickup or we’ve already called you, contact the library before you leave home to provide your estimated arrival time and to confirm that your items are ready to pick up.
- You will be asked for a description of your vehicle so that staff will know when you’ve arrived.
- If you are able, call again when you arrive. You will be asked to confirm your account number and the name on your account.
- Please remain in your vehicle while staff bring your items to the designated Curbside Pickup area.
PLEASE NOTE: This process is subject to change based on new developments and feedback.
Special Pickups & Exceptions
In addition to standard checkouts, a few selected items and services are available through our Curbside Pickup service and can be requested by phone, including prizes for 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten. Due to lending policies and waiver requirements, hotspots, Chromebooks, and items from our Library of Things cannot be checked out through Curbside Pickup. Mobile print jobs, lost/damaged fine payments, and other actions that require the exchange of money also must be handled inside the library.
Please always return items to the return desk in our libraries, in our book drops, or at a 24 Hour Library machine.