Our revamped, no-contact Curbside Pickup service can help you gain access to physical materials like books, audiobooks, Blu-rays, and DVDs.
10:00 AM–7:00 PM @Ridgway Memorial, Hillview, Lebanon Junction & Mt. Washington
12:00–6:00 PM @Nichols
- Friday & Saturday 10:00 AM–4:00 PM @All Locations
- Sunday 2:00–4:00 PM @Ridgway Memorial
Same-day pickup requests must be phoned in a minimum of three hours before closing time. Any requests made after that time cannot be filled until the next available date.
How It Works
- Call your preferred branch to place a request and arrange your pickup. Please have your account info ready.
- Ridgway Memorial | 502-543-7675 ext. 3
- Hillview | 502-957-5759
- Lebanon Junction | 502-833-4648
- Mt. Washington | 502-538-7560
- Nichols | 502-324-7699
- Requests are limited to a total of 25 items per account. We are always happy to recommend materials based on your preferences if you don’t already have specific titles in mind or if your desired items are not currently available.
- Unless you’ve just arranged for an immediate pickup or we’ve already called you, contact the library before you leave home to provide your estimated arrival time and to confirm that your items are ready to pick up.
- You will be asked for a description of your vehicle so that staff will know when you’ve arrived.
- If you are able, call again when you arrive. You will be asked to confirm your account number and the name on your account.
- Please remain in your vehicle while staff bring your items to the designated Curbside Pickup area.
- If you walked, rode a bike, rollerbladed, used a scooter, etc., please stand at least 10 feet away from the pickup area while your items are placed in the bin.
- You can approach to collect your items after the staff member has begun to walk away. If you approach the table too early, our staff will walk away.
PLEASE NOTE: This process is subject to change based on new developments and feedback.
A few selected items and services are available through our Curbside Pickup service and can be requested by phone.
- Children’s craft kits for our Summer Tales Show & Tell.
- Prizes for 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten.
- Preprinted Kentucky driver’s manuals. Printed manuals are 18 front-and-back pages printed in color and may be purchased for a reduced copy charge of $5.00. Copy fees should be transferred in an envelope during prearranged Curbside Pickups.
If you are healthy and able to do so, please return items to our book drops.
However, no late fees will be charged until further notice. We do not want anyone who is sick to feel obligated to return items, and we also understand that there may be other factors affecting your ability or comfort level to return items at this time.