Pick up anything you can check out—and more!
Our no-contact Curbside Pickup service can help you gain access to physical materials like books, audiobooks, Blu-rays, and DVDs. Additional services, including copies and faxes are also available while our buildings are closed.
10:00 AM–7:00 PM @Ridgway Memorial, Hillview, Lebanon Junction & Mt. Washington
12:00–6:00 PM @Nichols
- Friday & Saturday 10:00 AM–4:00 PM @All Locations
- Sunday 2:00–4:00 PM @Ridgway Memorial
Same-day pickup requests must be phoned in a minimum of three hours before closing time. Any requests made after that time cannot be filled until the next available date.
How It Works
- Call your preferred branch to place a request and arrange your pickup. Please have your account info ready.
- Ridgway Memorial | 502-543-7675 ext. 3
- Hillview | 502-957-5759
- Lebanon Junction | 502-833-4648
- Mt. Washington | 502-538-7560
- Nichols | 502-324-7699
- Requests are limited to a total of 25 items per account. We are always happy to recommend materials based on your preferences if you don’t already have specific titles in mind or if your desired items are not currently available.
- Unless you’ve just arranged for an immediate pickup or we’ve already called you, contact the library before you leave home to provide your estimated arrival time and to confirm that your items are ready to pick up.
- You will be asked for a description of your vehicle so that staff will know when you’ve arrived.
- If you are able, call again when you arrive. You will be asked to confirm your account number and the name on your account.
- Please remain in your vehicle while staff bring your items to the designated Curbside Pickup area.
- If you walked, rode a bike, rollerbladed, used a scooter, etc., please stand at least 10 feet away from the pickup area while your items are placed in the bin.
- You can approach to collect your items after the staff member has begun to walk away. If you approach the table too early, our staff will walk away.
PLEASE NOTE: This process is subject to change based on new developments and feedback.
A few selected items and services are available through our Curbside Pickup service and can be requested by phone.
- Monthly take-and-make kits, including Storytime Craft Kits, Cultural Crafts Kits, Craft Takeout Kits, and STEMtacular Kits.
- Prizes for 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten.
- Pre-printed Kentucky driver’s manuals. Printed manuals are 18 front-and-back pages printed in color and may be purchased for a reduced copy charge of $5.00. Copy fees should be transferred in an envelope during prearranged Curbside Pickups.
Need Copies, Prints, or Faxes?
Self-serve document services are unavailable while the library is closed to the public, but arrangements for sending or picking up a document can still be made over the phone. While our buildings are closed, copy, print, or and fax services up to $5.00 will be provided at no charge.
If you have a digital copy of your document, you can even <a href=”https://bcplib.org/services/faxes-copies-more/mobile-printing/”>send a mobile print job</a> from your home or from your mobile device! After your document is sent, call the branch location to arrange a pickup with our Curbside Pickup service. If you do not have a digital copy of the document you would like to copy/print, you might consider taking a photo and printing that.
If you are healthy and able to do so, please return items to our book drops.
However, no late fees will be charged until further notice. We do not want anyone who is sick to feel obligated to return items, and we also understand that there may be other factors affecting your ability or comfort level to return items at this time.