Protect yourselves and each other.
In light of elevated COVID-19 incidence rates in Bullitt County, we strongly encourage all patrons to wear a mask and practice all other precautions recommended by the CDC when visiting any BCPL location. All library staff, including vaccinated individuals, are wearing masks in public areas.
Full service hours are back!
As of June 11, 2021, all BCPL locations are open to the public during our regular (pre-COVID) hours. We are in the process of phasing back more in-person programming and restoring services that have been on hold during the pandemic.
Our new (old!) library hours are:
- 1:00–5:00 PM @Ridway Memorial only
- 9:00 AM–8:00 PM @Ridgway Memorial, Hillview, Lebanon Junction & Mt. Washington
- 11:00 AM–7:00 PM @Nichols
FRIDAY & SATURDAY
- 9:00 AM–5:00 PM @All Locations
During this time, we are asking that you:
- Library whatever way works for you. Come on in, schedule a Curbside Pickup, go digital, visit our 24 Hour Libraries—or mix it up!
- Use your library card—and spread the word! Your Bullitt County Public Library card provides you with endless adventures and resources. This includes digital checkouts, physical books and materials, exclusive online learning resources, and more. If you don’t have a library card or if your card has expired, we can help with that too! You don’t even have to leave home unless you want to. Apply for a Digital Only Account Renew My Library Card
- We ask that you follow current CDC guidelines regarding masks and social distancing. We are happy to provide you with a disposable mask while supplies last.
- Return items when they are due. This allows other members of our community to enjoy the items too! If illness or other special circumstances prevent you from returning an item on time (or soon thereafter), please contact your branch to request an accommodation.
- Follow us on Facebook to enjoy a variety of virtual events and keep up with the latest announcements and recommendations for things to do and explore. Find us on Instagram and YouTube, too!
Your Library: #HealthyAtHome, #HealthyAtWork
- All BCPL locations are now open to visitors during regular hours. Services available inside the library include collection browsing and checkouts (we also have a new self-check option!), public computers, copy and fax services, and more. We’re even phasing back in-person programs! Public meeting space, including meeting rooms and study rooms, are not yet available.
- We are available to provide assistance and hopefully a smile or two. You can reach us at your preferred BCPL location or contact us by phone, e-mail, or our Ask a Librarian chat feature.
- We are accepting Curbside Pickup requests by phone, or you can place holds requests through the library catalog or BCPL app. If you place holds requests online, you will be contacted when your items are ready. Available pickup times are limited, and requests are currently limited to 25 items per account per pickup.
- The 24 Hour Library machines, located at Ridgway Memorial Library and the new Nichols branch, are being restocked regularly. These automated machines provide access to physical books, DVDs, Blu-rays, and audiobooks 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- We invite you to explore our digital media collection and premier online learning and research tools. We offer e-books, e-audiobooks, streaming movies and television, digital magazines, and more that you can access from home or wherever you feel safe.
- The force is strong with us! If you have a laptop or smart device but no internet access at home, our high-speed public Wi-Fi signals have been repositioned to cover the maximum surrounding area possible. So we can connect still you even if you prefer not to come inside our buildings at this time.