The objective of a Request for Proposal ("RFP") is to accomplish a fair, open, and competitive procurement in accordance with the Kentucky Model Procurement Code as outlined in KRS 45A. Bullitt County Public Library RFPs may be viewed at Central Library or online (see below).
Current Requests for Qualifications
Architectural and Design Services (Hillview Branch Library)
Bullitt County Public Library is seeking statements of qualifications from interested architectural firms to provide professional services for the expansion and renovation of the Hillview Branch Library location. Statements of qualifications must include a final, detailed plan with appropriate pre-bid documents and estimated cost for the expansion, renovation, and modernization of the Hillview Branch Library on its existing site at 155 Terry Boulevard in Hillview, KY. Plans should address emerging service patterns as well as the needs of the community and library staff.
Sealed qualification packets must be received at the Central Library in Shepherdsville no later than 1:00 PM EST on Friday, September 29, 2023. Any packets arriving after 1:00 PM EST will be marked late and will not be considered for selection.
- August 28, 2023: RFQ e-mailed to a distribution list and placed on the Library’s website (bcplib.org)
- September 21, 2023: Deadline to submit questions
- September 22, 2023: Final responses to questions posted on the Library’s website
- September 29, 2023: Proposal due by 1:00 PM EST
- October 9, 2023: Short-listed firms notified
- Late October 2023: Finalists interviews
- Early November 2023: Finalist notified and begin contract negotiations per KRS 45A.370
The Library's goal is that the firm(s) with whom a contract is successfully negotiated will begin work immediately. The Library reserves the right to change this schedule at any time for any reason.
Every effort has been made to include enough information within this RFQ to enable consultants to prepare a response that thoroughly and fairly represents their respective capabilities to meet the Library's requirements. If there are questions concerning the contents of this document, the Library is willing to respond in as timely a manner as possible. All questions and inquiries must be submitted by close of business on September 21, 2023. All questions, inquiries, and answers will be posted in the FAQs below by close of business on September 23, 2023.
Submit all questions and inquiries via e-mail to:
Tara O’Hagan, Library Director
E-mail address: [email protected]
Begin Subject line: RFQ#BCPL23-01
All questions pertaining to this solicitation must be in writing or via e-mail to Tara O’Hagan ([email protected]) by September 22, 2023.
FAQs & Inquiries
- Where do I find the Bullitt County Strategic Agenda 2019–2024 and the Facilities Master Plan 2016–2040?
Both documents are available on the Strategic Planning page on our website.
- While this is purely a qualification based selection, I just wanted to double check that you do not want a fee proposal included with our submission.
- Would you be willing to share the weight of the different selection criteria (share the scorecard)?
- Does BCPL plan to hire a construction manager to provide real time estimating and design input?
- How will the Stottman Annex support the revitalized branch (public services, special event space, staff only, unknown)? Would you consider potentially using the facility for library functions if it’s advantageous for BCPL functionally or financially?
- What is the project construction budget? Is there federal money involved (this greatly affects project cost)?
- Who are the members of your selection committee?
Current Requests for Proposal
No current requests for proposal