Pursuant to KRS 61.870 to 61.884, the public records of Bullitt County Public Library are open for inspection by any person on written application. The Library’s principal office is located at Ridgway Memorial Library, 127 N. Walnut Street, Shepherdsville, KY 40165. Regular office hours are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday every week, except for holidays.
Requests for Records
Executive Director Joe Schweiss acts as the official custodian of all Bullitt County Public Library public records. Mr. Schweiss may be contacted by phone at 502-543-7975 ext. 8 or by e-mail at [email protected]. Open Records Requests must be submitted to his office in writing.
Mailed requests should be addressed to:
Bullitt County Public Library
ATTN: OPEN RECORDS REQUEST
127 N. Walnut Street
PO Box 99
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
Requests may also be delivered in person to the same address, e-mailed to [email protected], or faxed to 502-543-5487.
Requesters may use the Bullitt County Public Library Open Records Request Form, which will also be furnished on request to any person by an employee in this office. Assistance in completing the application form will be provided by an employee on request. The standardized form developed by the Kentucky Attorney General’s office may also be used to request public records. Requesters choosing not to use either form must supply the following:
A self-prepared written request that must contain:
- a precise description of the records you seek;
- your name printed/typed legibly;
- your signature;
- your mailing address or e-mail address if you ask for copies by mail or e-mail.
It should also include:
- the date submitted;
- whether you wish to review records on agency premises OR receive copies by mail;
- a statement that your request is noncommercial (or commercial);
- statement that you are a resident and the section of KRS 61.870(10) under which you qualify:
o A person who lives in KY – KRS 61.870(10)(a);
o A business located in KY – KRS 61.870(10)(b);
o A business registered in KY – KRS 61.870(10)(c);
o A person who is employed/works in KY – KRS 61.870(10)(d);
o A person who owns property in KY – KRS 61.870(10)(e);
o An authorized representative of any of the above – KRS 61.870(10)(f);
o A news gathering organization as defined in KRS 189.635(8)(b)1 – KRS 61.870(10)(g).
Applicants for the inspection of public records shall be advised of the availability of the records requested for inspection, and shall be notified in writing not later than five (5) business days after receipt of an application for inspection of any reason the records requested are not available for public inspection.
Copies of written material in the public records of this agency shall be furnished to any person requesting them on payment of a fee of ten (10) cents a page (black and white); copies of unwritten records (photographs, maps, material stored in computer files or libraries, etc.) shall be furnished on request, on payment of a charge equal to the actual cost of producing copies of such records by the most economic process not likely to damage or alter the record.
- See Confidentiality, Open Records, and Open Meetings in the Board of Trustees Bylaws & Policies Handbook
- See Information Security Policy in the Operational Policies Handbook
- See Patron Records Policy in the Operational Policies Handbook
- See Employee Files in the Employee Handbook
- See Internet and E-mail Use in the Employee Handbook