Bring home the excitement of some of your favorite library programs and events! Our various Take & Make Activity Kits are designed to provide you with everything you need to enjoy fun hands-on crafts, experiments, and other activities at your convenience.
Are you hungry for a new craft? Order up a delicious new project every month. Ages 18 and up. Kits are typically released on the 1st of each month. Supplies are limited.
MONTHLY TAKEOUT MENU:
- July – Paper Quilling
- August – Clay Stud Earrings
Growth Mindset Kits
Visit the library once a week over ten weeks—or on ten separate occasions—to receive part of a growth mindset kit. This kit is designed to help kiddos build confidence, accept change, and handle challenges in a healthy way!
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services grant #LS-250213-OLS-21.
- You can log your kit-completion progress in Beanstack!
- Available to children of all ages while supplies last! Please note, as of June 6th, we’ve hit capacity for new participants at all locations except for our Nichols branch. However, if your kiddo has already begun their Growth Mindset journey, you should continue collecting additional items at your original location.
Storytime Crafts Kits
If your kiddos are wanting to take the storytime experience home, these kits may be just what you’re looking for! Our Storytime Crafts Kits are a great way to build on your in-person storytimes at the library or to replace hands-on storytime craft activities if you can’t make it to one of our regular storytimes. They include everything you need to craft your weekly projects, and you have the perfect recipe for at-home family fun and learning for the littles.
- Monthly kits for each new month are available beginning at the end of the previous month. Pick them up at any BCPL location anytime throughout the month while supplies last!
SummerQuest Sensory Kits
Do you love our monthly Sensory Stations? Now, our Hillview, Mt. Washington, and Nichols locations are introducing special take-home kits available through our summer celebration. Each kit will contain a variety of fun sensory items along with activities and ideas to encourage play, exploration, and early scientific investigation. Possible kits items will include kinetic sand, Play-Doh, rubber duckies, seashells, water beads, and more.
- For children of all ages.
- Monthly kits for June and July will be available at the beginning of each month while supplies last.
- Supply is strictly limited to 100 kits per participating branch each month. Kits will be available first-come, first-served at our Hillview, Mt. Washington, and Nichols locations ONLY. (But Sensory Stations will continue at Ridgway Memorial and Lebanon Junction through the summer!)