Let BCPL help you celebrate Earth Day in a meaningful way!
From the bustling activity of spring cleaning to the weather warm-up, spring is the season of renewal. Flowers bloom, wildlife prospers, and spirits lift. BCPL wants to help you enjoy the season to its fullest, beginning with sharing a variety of programs and resources all about protecting and appreciating nature. From gardening events to upcycled crafts to an online Ecology 101 course, we’ve got you covered!
Earth, Nature & Gardening Activities
- Earth Day Totes | Monday, April 4th
- Paint to Pot | Monday, April 11th
- Handmade Happiness: Pinecone Flowers | Thursday, April 14th
- Celebrate Earth Day | Monday, April 18th–Friday, April 22nd
- Makerspace: Sponge Planting | Thursday, April 21st
- Celebrate Earth Day: Let the Earth Breathe | Friday, April 22nd
Author visit and native gardening presentation.
- Seed & Plant Exchange| Saturday, April 23rd
- Follow our progress as we replant the wildflower garden at Nichols Branch Library and take a peek at our bee hives as they come out of dormancy. (No worries, we’ll have binoculars available!)
- Enjoy themed scavenger hunts at our Hillview and Mt. Washington locations.
- Pick up a complimentary mini flower pot printed on our 3D printer at Hillview Branch Library.
- Browse our Earth Day, spring, and/or gardening displays at all locations to discover inspiring reads for the season.
- Environmental Sciences film collection on Kanopy
- GreenFile from EBSCOhost Web
- Nature-themed Go! Totes, including Hiking Kentucky and Trees and Plants
- Protecting Our Planet audiobook collection on Hoopla
- Self-paced courses from Universal Class including: Ecology 101, Gardening 101, Landscaping 101, Vegetable Gardening 101