- This event has passed.
From preparing nutritious, balanced meals to s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g food dollars, learn to make healthy food choices that work for your busy lifestyle and budget!
Join Marcia Moss from the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service for a 7-week nutrition course designed to provide the tools and information you need to build a healthier lifestyle for your family! This progressive course will cover nutrition basics through a series of demonstrations along with interactive discussions, printed guides, and hands-on exercises. Plus, taste test scrumptious healthy foods and learn simple, healthy recipes to please even your pickiest eaters!
Topics will include:
- General nutrition recommendations for a healthy body
- Food choices and substitutions for improving your health
- Best practices for food safety
- Strategies for meal planning with the whole family in mind
- Creating a food budget
- Using coupons, lists, and other tools to save money
- Making sense of food labels
- Healthy recipes
- and more!
MONDAY AFTERNOONS, 12:30–1:30 PM | January 24th–March 14th
- Participants in this course must commit to attending the entire 7-week program. We will take a mid-course break on February 21st.
- Please be aware of any food allergies and note them on the registration form.
For ages 18 and up.
Registration is required for a select number of reserved seats. Additional seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions? E-mail [email protected].