Paper passes are back and available at all BCPL locations!
The Cultural Pass is your ticket to an amazing assortment of more than 50 arts and culture experiences based in the Louisville Metro area. After going virtual last year, this year Cultural Pass will offer both virtual and in-person activities so that every family can participate in a way that works for them!
Youth ages 0– 21 are eligible for one pass, which is valid for one-time general admission at each participating institution (some restrictions may apply). Free admission is also available to one adult per family when accompanying one or more children under 17. Passes are valid June 1st–August 8th.
Venues offering in-person general admission as part of the 2021 Cultural Pass include Belle of Louisville Riverboats, Flamenco Louisville, Frazier History Museum, Kentucky Derby Museum, Kentucky Science Center, Looking for Lilith Theatre Company, The Louisville Ballet School, Louisville Nature Center, Louisville Zoo, Muhammed Ali Center, Thomas Edison House, and many, many more! Plus, enjoy virtual offerings from Actor’s Theatre, Kentucky Shakespeare, Louisville Youth Choir, Squallis Puppeteers, and others.
According to the Fund for the Arts, the Cultural Pass has three intended objectives for the youth in our area:
- Impact summer learning loss by creating a learning experience through programming, activities, and education.
- Establish a life-long relationship between Louisville’s children and the art and cultural institutions.
- Work to address barriers that may prohibit children from accessing the city’s art and cultural venues.
Eligible parties may now register for the Cultural Pass, and you can pick up your printed pass at any Bullitt County Public Library location.
- Once you complete and record your activities, the badge will light up to congratulate you!
- If you visit a venue during the program period and your badge doesn’t light up immediately, don’t worry! There is often a delay before badges are activated in Beanstack. Each venue will be reporting visits multiple times over the summer; if your badge isn’t yet activated, your visit probably hasn’t been reported yet!
- If you participate in virtual activities, you can click the checkbox to mark them complete.
- For more information, visit the Fund for the Arts at fundforthearts.org/culturalpass.