CANCELED | Earth Day Festival 2020
“The Earth is what we all have in common.” –Wendell Berry
Join us to celebrate the earth and explore environmental issues at our second annual Earth Day Festival! Learn about environmentally healthy choices; protecting wildlife; reducing your carbon footprint; and how to contribute to a healthy, sustainable future. You’ll gain knowledge and know-how as you visit vendors and exhibits, create upcycled crafts, meet Smokey the Bear, and more. Plus, drop off your old electronics and cell phones for recycling and enjoy free giveaways—including wildflower seeds and tree seedlings!—while supplies last.
So far, confirmed community partners for this event include:
- Beg’s Honey Beekeepers – Learn how honey is made! Plus, get a close-up look at the nifty equipment used to make delicious honey and keep beekeepers safe.
- Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest – Meet the Bernheim educational team, ask questions, and learn more about the Great Outdoors!
- Bullitt County Extension Office
- Bullitt County Recycling
- Grow Wilder
- Kentucky Division of Forestry – Meet Smokey the Bear and learn about forest management and conservation.
- Louisville Water Company – Get conservation tips, ask questions, and more!
- The Parklands of Floyd’s Fork
- Second Chances Wildlife Center
- Tasty food from Smoke Over Fire BBQ (purchases not provided).
- Upcycled craft projects, including T-shirt totes, handy storage jars, and repurposed gift bags.
- Nature activities, including sunflower-seed planting and pinecone bird feeders.
Psst… This year marks the 50th anniversary of the world’s annual Earth Day celebration!
For all ages. Just drop in!
Space will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions? Call Marianne at 502-543-7675 ext. 4 or e-mail email@example.com.
Calling local craftspeople, artisans, and farmers!
We are currently signing up local artisans and vendors to participate in our 2020 festival. If you are interested in demonstrating and/or selling your own earth-friendly products, please contact Marianne at 502-543-7675 ext. 4.