Bee Is for Bullitt County Activity Fair
DID YOU KNOW…?
Bees and other pollinators are essential to cross-pollination, which contributes to the success of many crops and to wild plants’ ability to thrive. Without the spread of pollen, many plants would die off.
Join BCPL and Bee Is for Bullitt County to explore the importance of Kentucky’s native plants and pollinators! We’ll have fun and informative activities for the whole family:
- Stop by the hive box contest exhibit to enjoy the wonderful art of hive box painting, featuring contest winners created by local high school students!
- Use the materials we provide to paint your own hive box! Hive boxes will later be distributed throughout the county to help increase the local honeybee population and, ultimately, to protect the well-being of other native flora and fauna.
- Listen to stories with beekeeper-storyteller Travis Kelley of Full Circle Farm.
- Observe a live beekeeping demonstration. Allergic? No worries; no actual bees will be present.
- Learn more about the native plants of Kentucky.
- Bring the kids to enjoy face painting and a honeybee coloring activity.
- Join in on a delicious honey tasting.
- And more!
Whether you are a nature enthusiast or just interested in learning something new, this community-focused activity fair will leave you buzzing for days to come!
Bzzz… Can’t get enough of bees and Bee Is for Bullitt County?
- Hive Box Contest winners will remain on display at Ridgway Memorial through the end of April. Display exhibits will also be set up at our other locations.
- Attend one of our other upcoming events:
- Saturday, March 16th | Hive Box Painting | 10:00 AM–12:00 PM @Mt. Washington
- Saturday, March 23rd | Community Heroes Festival | 10:00 AM–2:00 PM @Lebanon Junction
- Saturday, April 13th | Hive Box Painting | 10:00 AM–12:00 PM @Hillview
- Follow Bee Is for Bullitt County on Facebook.
- Learn more! Ask us for reading suggestions, or check out a documentary on Kanopy.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar