Thank you for your interest in being a focus group participant! We hope you’ll be able to join us to explore one of the key topics we will be focusing on in our strategic plan:
1. Children. Too many young children in our community are not prepared for kindergarten and risk falling behind in the critical elementary grades. We want to hear about your thoughts and experiences as we explore the role our library system can play in a community-wide effort to ensure our children’s educational success.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Children’s Focus Group at Ridgway Memorial or Lebanon Junction and to everyone who registered for the group at Mt Washington, which had to be canceled due to weather. We have one additional group planned on this topic:
- MONDAY, March 26th @Hillview | 6:00 PM
2. Technology. Digital technologies are redefining the way every organization operates —and public libraries are leaders in adapting to these changes. We are looking at the role emerging technologies might play over the next few years in the way our library delivers services, and we want to hear about your experiences with new technologies and what interests you. If you have insights into new technologies or how they can improve BCPL services and access, we want to hear from you.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Technology Focus Group at Ridgway Memorial and to everyone who registered for the group at Mt Washington, which had to be canceled due to weather. We have one additional group planned on this topic:
- TUESDAY, March 27th @Lebanon Junction | 3:00 PM
3. Programs. There is high community interest in the programs we offer—and numerous opportunities to expand them among all ages and interests. The problem is determining which programs will have the most lasting impact or fill needed gaps in our community. In this group, we will focus on how we might develop new learning experiences that are both relevant to community life and responsive to high-need areas.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Programs Focus Group at Ridgway Memorial or Mt. Washington. No additional focus groups are planned for this topic at this time.
Each focus group session will last about an hour.