- This event has passed.
Paws for Reading
Reading can be a PAWsitive experience…
Studies show that children who read aloud on a regular basis can achieve drastic improvements in their reading skills! And animals provide a safe, encouraging presence for new and struggling readers. Join Tim Dalton from Pet Partners and Jelly Bean, an Irish Setter, as the therapy dog patiently listens to you read without teasing, laughing, or judging.
Sharing books with furry supporters helps kids to:
- Sustain concentration and focus
- Increase reading comprehension
- Expand their use of vocabulary and language
- Boost confidence and pride in their reading skills
- Cultivate a higher motivation for reading and learning
- Foster positive social interactions
- Feel more comfortable about school and learning
- Enjoy the experience of reading
Oh, and Jelly Bean enjoys it, too!
Psst… Prepare to read to Jelly Bean for about 10 minutes. A time slot sheet will be available 30 minutes before the program begins.
For all ages and reading levels. Just drop in!
Seating and materials will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions? Call Amy at 543-7675 ext. 2301 or e-mail [email protected].