- This event has passed.
Tech Talk & Coffee Hour
You have technology questions, and we have answers…
Are you curious about online streaming and e-books, wary of online shopping, intrigued by video chatting, or baffled by terms like The Cloud, Bluetooth, or Podcast? Want to know who (or what) the heck Alexa is or simply want to learn how to better maintain and navigate your smartphone or tablet?
Join Marianne on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month to enjoy a warm cup a coffee as we explore a variety of technology topics through casual, guided instruction in a small group! Not a coffee drinker? No worries; additional drinks and refreshments will be provided.
POSSIBLE TECH TALK TOPICS INCLUDE (click for details):
- Bluetooth & mobile hotspots
- Bookmarks & tabs
- Cloud basics & services (e.g., Dropbox, Google Drive, Prime Photos)
- Downloading e-books & e-audiobooks
- Downloading/saving pictures & documents
- Fake news & fact-checking
- File management
- Google Home/Alexa
- Online shopping & best practices
- Pandora & Spotify (music streaming services)
- Photos & video (recording & editing)
- Playing games
- Security updates
- Skype, FaceTime & video calling
- Video viewing/streaming
Tech Talk & Coffee Hour is a no-pressure, judgment-free zone. We’re here to help you learn and build confidence in your technology know-how! However, some basic knowledge of your device is necessary to participate. If you have trouble with functions like web searching or using e-mail, we recommend that you schedule a one-on-one computer class to learn the basics.
For ages 55 and up. Just drop in!
Space will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions? Call Marianne at 502-543-7675 ext. 2002 or e-mail email@example.com.