- This event has passed.
When I say to a parent, “read to a child,” I don’t want it to sound like medicine. I want it to sound like chocolate. —Mem Fox
Reading becomes a favorite treat as we explore early literacy through stories, songs, and a simple craft. This free program for children ages 3 to 5 is designed to provide kids a foundation for kindergarten, including helping them to develop important socialization skills. We strive to create fun and rich experiences that build a love of books, libraries, and learning that will stay with children for a lifetime.
Special Wednesday Storytimes:
- OCTOBER 30th: Calling all ghosties, goblins, fairies, and superheroes. Come dressed to celebrate Halloween at our trick-or-treat party!
- NOVEMBER 27th: Gobble gobble! In honor of the holiday, we’ll have some special Thanksgiving stories and crafts.
- DECEMBER 18th: Oh what fun you’ll have at our annual Jingle Bell Party! Dress in your holiday finest and join us for a special surprise, stories, and treats.
- DECEMBER 25th: NO STORYTIME due to the holiday closing. Merry Christmas!
- JANUARY 1st: NO STORYTIME due to the holiday closing. Happy New Year!
Morning Session: 10:30–11:15 AM
Afternoon Session: 2:30–3:15 PM
Weekly storytimes are offered at each BCPL location. Can’t make it to Hillview on Wednesdays? Consider attending on Tuesdays at Mt. Washington, on Thursdays at Ridgway Memorial, or on Fridays at Lebanon Junction. A parent or caregiver must remain with the child at all times.
Registration is required for a select number of reserved seats.
Questions? Call Ms. Brandy at 543-7675 ext. 2555 or e-mail email@example.com.