Paws for Reading
**Please note: This event will be hosted in the Community Wing at Central Library while the main library is still closed.**
Reading can be a PAWsitive experience…
Studies show that children who read aloud on a regular basis can achieve drastic improvements in their reading skills! And animals provide a safe, encouraging presence for new and struggling readers. Join trainer Christy Almond and a therapy dog from Pawsibilities Unleashed as he or she patiently listens to you read without teasing, laughing, or judging.
Sharing books with furry supporters helps kids to:
- Sustain concentration and focus
- Increase reading comprehension
- Expand their use of vocabulary and language
- Boost confidence and pride in their reading skills
- Cultivate a higher motivation for reading and learning
- Foster positive social interactions
- Feel more comfortable about school and learning
- Enjoy the experience of reading
Oh, and the dogs enjoy it, too!
Psst… Join us on the 3rd Tuesday of the month and prepare to read for about 10 minutes. A time slot sheet will be available 30 minutes before the program begins.
For ages 5 and up. Just drop in!
Seating and materials will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions? Call Laura at 543-7675 ext. 2554 or e-mail [email protected].