- This event has passed.
Want to learn how to buy a house? Decorate a cookie? Make a wizard wand?
Join us for our first ever How-To Festival, where you can explore a wide variety of demonstrations to discover just how many things you can learn to do in only a few hours. From basic car maintenance to braiding hair and making your own lightsaber, we’ve got something for everyone.
Light refreshments will be provided.
All sessions will be 30 minutes long unless otherwise noted.
All Day! (11:00 AM–3:00 PM)
- How to Stay Safe from Electricity | Billy & Tim, Salt River Electric Company
- How to Ride Your Bike Safely | Norton Children’s Bike Safety Rodeo
- How to Decorate a Cookie | Sherri Brown, Sherry’s Designer Cookies
- How to Help the Local Bee Population—And Yourself! | Travis Kelley, Bee Is for Bullitt County
- How to Use Beanstack | Trish Patton, BCPL Reference Clerk
- How to Write a Ukelele Song | Faith Smith, Music Enthusiast & Student
- How to Register Your Business | Toni Sears, Kentucky Small Business Development Center
- How to Properly Fold an American Flag | Boy Scouts Troop 333
11:30 AM–12:00/12:30 PM
- How to Make Science Cool with Dry Ice | Brandon Edmonson; Science Teacher, Chess Coach & Tae Kown Do Black Belt
- How to Safely Dispose of Chemicals | Carl Carter, Midwest Environmental Services
- How to Make Your Own Board Game | Tiffany Covington; Scholar Factory, LLC
- How to Write Your Story (1 hour)| Stephanie Feger & Pam LaFollette; Local Authors
- How to Tie a Tie + How to Mix and Match Clothing for a New Look | Debbie Miller, Country Vogue
- How to Do Basic Car Maintenance | Timothy York, Ken Towery Tire and Auto Care
- How to Make Galaxy Slime | Angel Holbert, BCPL Children’s Programmer
- How to Craft a Kid-Friendly Cocktail | LaDonna Thompson, BCPL Homebound Services Librarian
- How to Create Origami Flowers | Patrick Yaeger, BCPL Outreach and Programs Coordinator
- How to Fashion Your Own Derby Fascinator | Gayle Ryan, BCPL Teen & Adults Progammer
- How to Make a Wizard Wand | Brandy Tyler, BCPL Children’s Programmer
- How to Make a Lightsaber from a Pool Noodle | Angel Holbert, BCPL Children’s Programmer
- How to Sell on Poshmark | Trish Patton, BCPL Reference Clerk
- How to Play the Ukelele | Faith Smith, Music Enthusiast & Student
- How to Make a Galaxy in a Jar | Alexis Nalley, BCPL Teen Programmer
- How to Get Started with Chair Yoga | Stephanie Jackson, Southern Charm Yoga
- How to Buy a House from Start to Finish (45 minutes) | Dawn Lawrence, Keller Williams Realty
- How to Hand Knit (No Needles Required!) | Trish Patton, BCPL Reference Clerk
- How to Perform Basic Self-Defense Techniques | Brandon Edmonson; Science Teacher, Chess Coach & Tae Kown Do Black Belt
- How to Braid Hair in (at Least!) Three Different Ways (45 minutes) | Maryanne, Salt Salon & Spa Stylist
- How to Explore the Universe in Virtual Reality | Patrick Yaeger, BCPL Outreach and Programs Coordinator
- How to Make Ice Cream with Liquid Nitrogen | Alison Nye, The Arctic Scoop
Psst… Samples will be available after the session until 2:30 PM!!!!
- How to Live a Life in Perspective | Stephanie Feger & Pam LaFollette; Local Authors
- How to Design Personalized T-shirts with Cricut | Tara Fenwick, Local Hobbyist
- How to Find Inspiration for Your Book (and More Writing Tips and Tricks!) | Leah Pugh, Local Author
- How to Get the Inside Track on the Derby Horses (45 minutes) | Ronnie Dreistadt, Kentucky Derby Museum
- How to Dance an Irish Jig | Louisville Irish Dancers
- How to Stretch Pizza Dough | Katie Nalley, Domino’s Pizza
- How to Turn a Rock into Something Beautiful | Terry Drury, Kentucky State Fair–Winning Local Hobbyist
- How to Use a Camera in Manual Mode | Melanie Hales, Melanie Hales Photography Studio, LLC
- How to Conduct an Interview | The Pioneer News
For all ages. Just drop in!
Space will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions? E-mail email@example.com.