When I say to a parent, “read to a child,” I don’t want it to sound like medicine. I want it to sound like chocolate. —Mem Fox
Reading becomes a favorite treat as we explore early literacy through stories, songs, and a simple craft. This free program for the whole family is designed to provide kids a foundation for kindergarten and to offer a fun, safe space for children of all ages to learn, socialize, and play. We strive to create fun and rich experiences that build a love of books, libraries, and learning that will stay with children for a lifetime.
Special Family Storytimes
- OCTOBER 26th: Halloween Party
- DECEMBER 21st: Christmas Party
- FEBRUARY 8th: Valentine’s Day Party
- APRIL 12th: Easter Party
- MAY 3rd: Graduation Party
Weekly Family Storytimes are offered at our Mt. Washington (Tuesdays) and Hillview (Wednesdays) locations.
- For children of all ages and their families. A parent or caregiver must remain with children at all times.
- This event is open to children of all ages to better serve our local homeschool families or children with special needs outside the typical Storytime age range.
- You might also be interested in Literacy for Littles at Nichols Branch Library or Storytime at our Ridgway Memorial and Lebanon Junction locations.
Registration is required for guaranteed seating.
Additional seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions? Call Ms. Angel at 543-7675 ext. 2556 or e-mail [email protected].