- This event has passed.
Blood Drive with American Red Cross
DID YOU KNOW? Every 2 seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood…
Blood donors help save the lives of people of all ages every day, including burn victims, heart surgery and cancer patients, trauma victims, and many others. BCPL is partnering with the American Red Cross to provide a safe, relaxing, and convenient location to donate blood. You can make a difference by giving a small part of your day to join us at the Central Library location. Whatever your blood type may be, all types are valuable and can help save lives.
For ages 16 and up.
Donors under the age of 17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate. Donors ages 16 or 17 MUST show a form of ID that includes their birthdate.
Reservations for specific times can be made at redcrossblood.org. Otherwise, just drop in! Space will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions? Call Marianne at 502-543-7675 ext. 4 or e-mail [email protected].
Please bring your donor card, driver’s license, or two other forms of identification.
Be prepared to list all of the over-the-counter and prescription medications you are currently taking.
Additional tips for the day of your donation:
- Drink an extra 16 oz. of water (or other nonalcoholic drink) before your appointment.
- Eat a healthy meal, avoiding fatty foods like hamburgers, fries, or ice cream.
- Wear a shirt with sleeves that you can roll up above your elbows.
- Let us know if you have a preferred arm or particular vein that has been used successfully in the past to draw blood.
- Relax, listen to music, talk to other donors, or read while you donate.
For more information on the requirements for giving blood, please visit redcrossblood.org.