Take the Internet to go…
We now have high-speed, mobile hotspots available for checkout! Hotspots provide data service to connect laptops, smartphones, tablets, and other Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet.
- Anyone ages 18 and over with a library card in good standing.
- If you don’t have a library card, you can visit any BCPL location to sign up. A government-issued ID and proof of current address are required. If your library card is expired, you may renew online.
- Borrowing is free! There is NO FEE to check out a BCPL hotspot, but patrons are required to sign a Lending Agreement to borrow these devices.
- Hotspots are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the library circulation desk.
- Drop in or call your preferred location to determine availability or to place a hold on the next available device. Holds cannot be placed online.
- Devices may be borrowed for 4 weeks. You may renew your item one time unless it is on hold for another patron.
- Overdue hotspots will have internet access deactivated 7 days after the due date.
- A Wi-Fi hotspot must be returned to the same location where it was checked out. Please return in person at the circulation desk and not through a book drop.
- You must return the device with all the original packaging and accessories. Please fully charge the battery before you return the device.
- The Library has created a comprehensive guide to provide troubleshooting help and get you started with the device.
- Is there any data limit? In general, there is no data limit. However, the service provider may intermittently lower speed or limit the amount of data.
- If the hotspot prompts to update software or firmware, what should I do? The hotspot periodically receives software updates from the service provider. You can accept the update, which may take a few minutes.
- If you still need assistance, contact the reference department at 543-7675 ext. 4 or call circulation at 543-7675 ext. 3.
Hotspot Lending Program User Survey
Please take a few moments to share your feedback about the Bullitt County Public Library Hotspot Lending Program. This survey should be completed when you return your device at the circulation desk; however, if you are unable to complete the survey when you return the hotspot, please complete the survey below.