2014 Selected Entries
Unless disqualified for failure
to comply with submission guidelines, all digital entries
are included below. All winning and honorable mention titles
have been scanned for viewing even if they were not
originally submitted digitally. Winners and honorable
mentions are in bold.
Adult Division: Poetry
Adult Division: Short Story
High School Division: Poetry
High School Division: Short Story
Middle School Division: Short Story
Elementary High School Division: Short Story
1. Open to all residents of Bullitt County. Limit
(1) entry per category; individual entries may not exceed
(2) total entries in the contest. YOU MAY NOT enter the same
work in two categories. All entries must be your original,
- Entries should be typed in Times New Roman font in
14-point font size.
- Works must be double spaced with one-inch margins.
- Entries should be no more than 3,500 words. Entries
containing more than 3,500 words will be disqualified.
- The submission period begins on April 1, 2014
and ends May 3, 2014. All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Saturday,
May 3, 2014.
- It is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED that you submit your entry
electronically. Complete the online entry form below and
attach your submission as a Word or PDF file. Please
contact the Outreach Department at 543-7675 ext. 5 if
you require assistance with your electronic submission.
- Alternatively, you may also submit a hard copy of
your entry at any BCPL location or mail your submission
to Allison White, Outreach Department, P.O. Box 99,
Shepherdsville, Kentucky 40165. Mailed entries must be
postmarked by Saturday, May 3, 2014.
- DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR ENTRY
ANYWHERE. Your name should only appear
on your entry form. If you submit a hard copy, please
attach the print entry form to the top page of your
- Your original entry is FINAL.
- By submitting your work you agree that BCPL has
permission to include your work in the annual contest
book. BCPL also reserves the right to publish your work,
your name, and your photo in print materials or
electronic media, on its website, and on any BCPL web
account if you are chosen as a winner. You agree that
BCPL can announce you as a winner in the Pioneer
News and the Courier-Journal.
44. Failure to follow the above guidelines will
disqualify your entry.